Due to the spread of the corona virus, and recommendations from the
medical community to take swift preventative action to minimize its
spread as much as possible, the LBBA Board of Directors have decided
to cancel the March 2020 monthly meeting. This was a hard decision
for us, but for the health of our members and our community, we feel
it’s the right thing to do. The first suspected cases of the virus in
Linn County (in Lebanon) were just announced this morning, and the
virus has most likely been here for a while, unidentified because of
a lack of test kits. OSU has taken the huge step of switching to
remote administration of all spring term courses, labs and exams.
We love our bees, but we love our members and our communities more.
We expect that the coming month will reveal the extent and true danger
of the virus, so it will be much more clear by mid-April whether we
can resume meetings or not. We will continue to monitor the progress
of the situation (as will everyone, no doubt) and we’ll keep you
apprised each month as to whether we’ll be able to hold a meeting
or not. Thanks for your understanding, and we look forward to
seeing all of you healthy (if not wealthy or wise…) soon.